What Is A Ceramic Coating & Do I Need One?May 5th, 2021 by Dan Sweeney
- A ceramic coating is a glass-like protective layer that bonds to your vehicle’s clear coat.
- The clear coat gives your vehicle that deep shine. The problem is, your vehicle’s surface is full of tiny pores, and over time contaminants will seep in and damage your the exterior.
- Contaminants include dirt, road salt, tree sap, bug guts, brake dust, etc.
How Does a Ceramic Coating Work?
- Ceramic coatings contains Silica Dioxide (Sio2), which is a hard, tiny compound.
- After applied, it will “cure” to create a glass-like layer atop your surface.
- This protects the clear coat from contaminants and scratches.
Here’s an unprotected clear coat:
Protection from a ceramic coating:
- The thickness of the coating gives you a beautiful, deep gloss. The hardness gives you the long lasting protection.
- Unlike waxes and sealants, Ceramic Coatings are resistant to detergents and chemicals.
Benefits of a Ceramic Coating:
- Up to years of protection
- Deep glossy shine
- Repels contaminants
- Car is easier to wash
- Repels water
- More scratch resistant
Are There Any Downsides?
A ceramic coating is very expensive and requires careful application. Getting a professional to install your ceramic coating can cost thousands.
If you apply it improperly, it is more difficult to correct than a simple wax or sealant.
An Alternative: DIY Ceramic Coatings
A ceramic-based sealant contains the same active ingredient as a ceramic coating.
But it is much easier to apply (a spray-on formula). Some take just minutes to apply:
The durability easily beats a traditional wax or paint sealant.
Overall, we like this option much better for most drivers.
They provide great protection, are much easier and cheaper to apply, and still give your car a beautiful shine.
Our Brand New Ceramic Coating Spray:
We’ve been secretly working on a spray on Ceramic Coating that gives you all the benefits of a Ceramic Coating without all the hassle of paint leveling, long cure times and difficult application. Instead simply spray on and wipe off!
CERAMIC SPRAY - CERAMIC COATING SPRAY ON
- The Easiest To Apply On The Market:
Simply spray-on the coating with microfiber sponge and buff to a nice shine with a microfiber towel.
No need to worry about leveling, paint correction and other technical challenges with traditional ceramic coatings!
- Ture Ceramic Coating Nanotechnology:
Not just another Sio2-infused quick detailer. Ceramic Spray is a heavy-duty coating; it chemically bonds to your clear coat in the same way a 9H Ceramic Coating does.
- Repels Water, Dirt, Street Grime & More:
No more washing & waxing each month. Our formula is extremely hydrophobic; your car repels water and keeps dirt & debris from sticking.
- 365 Days of Protection:
Provides a minimum of 6 months protection typically lasts for over 12 months.
[EDIT: We are offering readers get 15% off any purchase.
Click here to active your discount.]